Thursday, April 28, 2016

Scotty B's Conversation With LalaSizaHands89



It was 7:15pm and by this time 
I didn't think my 7:00pm phone interview 
with Instagram Star LalaSizaHands89
was gonna come through... 
7:17pm...*phone rings* 
"Hello?..Hello?" 
"Is that anyway to answer your phone for an interview." 
I knew it was her! This interview was so fun and she is just as 
entertaining on the phone like on social media. 
Check out the transcript below! 


Scotty :How did you first get in to doing Instagram videos? 

Lala:  I got into making Instagram videos because I had a lot of time on my hands when I first moved to Georgia and I saw that everyone was doing it and getting free stuff and I was like “shoot I wanna do that too”.

Scotty : Where are you originally from?

Lala:  I am originally from, for the most part, North Carolina but part of my childhood was spent in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. 

Scotty:  What’s your process like for making IG videos?

Lala:  Well, I keep a notepad full of ideas honestly.  So brainstorming ideas every time something happens that is hilarious I’m like “Oh, let me put that in my notepad, So I can go back and do it”.  Making videos is done on my iPhone, So I’ll record it and I’ll use iMovie to edit on my computer sometimes or my phone and then I’ll post it.

Scotty:  “Are there a plentiful amount of n****s in your DM?” 

Lala:  Yes, absolutely.

Scotty:  What’s the craziest thing you have received?

Lala:  The craziest thing you can imagine.

Scotty: Eggplants?

Lala: You already know.

Scotty: How do you deal with the haters in your comments section?

Lala:  I don’t [laughter]

Scotty:  Do you get recognized a lot in public?

Lala: Of course, it’s a lot of people who sometimes will freak-out or they’ll secretly try to take pictures, they want hugs. Quite frankly I enjoy it but, sometimes it still catches me off guard, but to answer your question in short yes. 

Scotty: When did you start getting recognized?

Lala:  When I went viral after Fetty Wap’s “Trap Queen” video, and then everyone would be like “you’re that trap queen girl” [laughter]


Scotty: So it the IG business as lucrative as everyone thinks it is.
Lala:  Yes

Scotty: So what is your relationship like with BlameItOnKway?

Lala:  That’s my bestfriend.

Scotty: Where y’all friends before IG?

Lala:  Honey, we met through Instagram.  He hit me up and he put me on one of the popular things at that moment and then we were doing shout-out for shout-out, then we were like “we gotta meet up” and we met for the first time in L.A. and we’ve been attached ever since. 

Scotty:  Who are some of your Famous IG friends? 

Lala: Yung Poppy, Supa, Tokyo, 2RealMacDatFee, EastIvo, a lot of  the New Orleans people we all know each other and we’re really cool.  It really just depends on who your favorites are, and who you see, and who you spend more time with.  But, I have a relationship with, anybody for the most part with anyone who you can name.

Scotty: What’s the next move for you building your platform and your brand?

Lala: That’s a cute question, I love that! The next thing which I have already gotten into is Merchandising for my brand.  Merchandising then move into Television, hopefully I’ll be on your T.V. soon, whether it be for your T.V. series not reality. Movies, commericals, and who knows maybe even radio but those are steps I would love to take but nothing is written in stone but I definitely don’t see it just staying to Instagram or social media. 

Scotty:  That was my biggest for y’all, I didn’t want ya’ll just to stay to Instagram I want y’all to go out and get it.

Lala: We all are trying to go out there and get it. Just some of our hustles are a little bit different than the next persons.  Just because we’re known are social media doesn’t mean we can go and get put on T.V., you know we have to be seen as fit or suitable for their T.V. show and a lot of people don’t respect us because they feel that we have easy because we’re social media sensations they don’t feel like we’ve put in the work like they used to back in the day. 

Scotty:  They think y’all have it easy, so they don’t respect y’all or pick up your phone calls because of that?

Lala:  Not necessarily pick up our phone calls but they feel like “oh just because you have this following, doesn’t mean we don’t want you to go to acting classes” which that takes time people have spent years in acting classes.  Meanwhile I have a million skits here that people think are funny but you don’t think that’s enough.
Scotty: So it’s like a hindrance in a way?  

Lala:  Not necessarily a hindrance but people assume that feel like we’re this and that because we have our platform and they basically want to make an example out of us. Like, remind us and give us a reality check like “calm down, it’s not all that”. You know what I mean?

Scotty: Yes, I know what you mean.

Lala: Then they’ll do it out in public when we go to the clubs.  They’ll know exactly who we are but they try and show us “you ain’t nobody”. 

Scotty: That’s wack though


Lala: Oh absolutely honey I don’t get mad, I just get money! [Laughter]   

To follow Lala check her out on IG/Twitter at @LalaSizaHands89 

No comments:

Post a Comment