Thursday, August 25, 2016

Tink Winter's Diary 4 Review and Link!





Although, I HATE to give mix-tape reviews the next day after the release it is a must because of the world we live in, EVERYTHING IS A ONE DAY TURN AROUND!  So here it is…..


After discovering Tink about three years ago on livemixtapes.com I have been a fan ever since.  So I was definitely excited when I discovered that she was releasing the fourth installment of her Winter’s Diary series.  As promised it would be released at 12:00am on August 25, however technical difficulties did not bring this to fruition, it was released hours later (don’t ask me what time, I went to sleep). 

My Favorite Tracks (No Order):

Be Single
Aquafina
Nothing Else Matters
Blood, Sweat, and Tears
  
Pros: 

The Production Quality:

The production quality of all her mixtapes are always on point.  I have always loved the producers she has worked with…it’s like she has a way of picking beats that ride effortlessly with her voice/rhymes.  She worked with some new and old producers from past projects which include C-Sick,  Cookin Soul,  1500 or nothin, and Jahlil Beats.  Sidenote: She always introduces me to a lot of lesser known producers who are really talented.

Only one feature:

Tink enlisted help from her Chicago brethren, Lil Durk, on Stay on It.  This is only the second feature she has used in the entire Winter Diary’s series (the first one came on Winter’s Diary 1 Feeling Myself feat. Ricco), you have to respect an artist who doesn’t need anyone/features to complete a project i.e J Cole. 


Sensual, Sexy, and Encouraging:

Winter’s Diary 4 makes you want to be in-love.  Tink always has a tasteful way of talking about sex and love which makes you want to be able to experience it something that I feel is missing from R&B.    Her last track however makes you feel like you can conquer the world and it brings everything around full circle.





Cons:   

Takes a minute:

It takes a minute to get where she is going with this project.  From past Winter’s Diary she usually captures you from the first song I.e Treat Me Like Somebody and I Like but by the time Be Single is finished playing you are fully engulfed in the project. 

Recycled Bars:  

The second to last track Pullin’ Up is clearly recycled Bars which is almost cringe worthy.  She has used those bars many times most notably on Power 105.1’s The Breakfast Club…I really expected more from her she could’ve left that track off this project. 


Check it out Below!!


No comments:

Post a Comment