Monday, July 1, 2013

BET Awards 2013 Recap

If you missed this years Bet Awards you actually missed one of the best one in recent years. The show opened up with a very lackluster Chris Brown...well in better terms Chris Brown sounded a mess....next Nicki Minaj joined him on stage...now Nicki really didnt do anything but...sit down and rap but she had blond hair which reminded me of Halle Berry in Baps...sad but true. Pharrell, T.I., and Robin Thicke did a good performance to their song "Blurred Lines" but speaking of Robin Thicke was it just me or was Paula Patton a lil tipsy/drunk.....we'll leave that one alone. One thing about The BET Awards is that they make sure everyone is either nominated/ wins an award...which brings us to the Young Stars Award now I didnt have any problem with the category but why was Keke Palmer nominated isn't she like 30?...I thought so. Kendrick Lamar's performance was amazing he brought out Erykah Badu who sang the chorus to "Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe"...but am I the only one who wondered why Erykah had those freckles on her face lookin like Raggedy Ann...however to each it's own...it doesn't take away from how great the performance was.  Chris Tucker (The Host) did his famous impressions of Michael Jackson which was funny...however Chris had his moments when it was like "where is the joke... -_-?" The King of R&B R. Kelly gave a medley of all his songs...his performance was good as expected.  Miguel also gave a performance...but I can't remember that so i'll skip it....but I think it was good...I THINK...nobody didn't have to leave in a full body cast so we'll count that as a successful performance.  However I'm starting to think Nicki Minaj does have multiple personalities...in her acceptance speech for ONLY Female Hip-Hop artist...I mean BEST Female Hip-Hop artist she was ghetto, ratchett, calm, and weird all rolled into one....sometimes I dont know how to receive her lol. The Charlie Wilson performace/tribute was also good...who know Charlie Wilson's white wife had no rhythm...Charlie could still move like (even though I know he soaked in some Epsom Salt after that those old ankles had to be swollen afterwards) ...and Pharell could sing that well. Ciara lived up to her hype it was the first time in many years people actually checked for her.  MY BIGGEST disappointment was J.Cole's performance it was good however I wished he would've bought out TLC when he performed "Crooked Smile" .  BET also switched it up and had a Jamaica Dancehall segment...did anybody else Nicki Minaj in the audience going in!? lol TURN UP!!!! *Kevin Hart Voice*.....I didn't see the last act with Janelle Monae because the BET Awards were EXTRA LONG THIS YEAR....i think it went over 3 hours...I had to go to sleep.... ALL in ALL  2013 awards were a success.



SN: The dude that played the guitar with his iPhone that was pretty dope.

No comments:

Post a Comment